Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Authentication Requests
Last updated 2 years ago.

Bumpage. Can anyone offer any advice on this?

Try registering the admin-routes before the frontend-route. The {page}-wildcard seems to be intercepting all other routes, so you should put it at the very end of the routes.php.

Cheers for your input sauladam but I had already tried that without success. I've spent around 2 hours on this... :/

Is my understanding of the group correct?

Yes, you're using the group-concept correctly. There are two possible reasons that come to my mind:

• Some good old copy-pasting-gotcha. Have a close look at your Controllers again and make sure that they are named correctly and do exactly what you want them to do.

• Some caching issue. If you're working with Laravel 5, make sure to run php artisan route:cache in order to update the route-cache. Otherwise, run php artisan clear-compiled and php artisan optimize and composer dump-auto just to make sure that Laravel picks up on your updates.

Thanks Saul. I'll check this out again.

Is caching an issue with Laravel 4?

Thanks again, Dave

You're welcome :)

Route-caching was / is going to be introduced in Laravel 5, so it's not an issue in Laravel 4.

The rest ('compiling' / optimizing the application, dumping composer's autoload entries) also applies to Laravel 4. When the application starts acting weird in terms of not finding classes / files that are actually there, re-optimizing and re-dumping the whole thing mostly solves the problem.

sauladam said:

You're welcome :)

Route-caching was / is going to be introduced in Laravel 5, so it's not an issue in Laravel 4.

The rest ('compiling' / optimizing the application, dumping composer's autoload entries) also applies to Laravel 4. When the application starts acting weird in terms of not finding classes / files that are actually there, re-optimizing and re-dumping the whole thing mostly solves the problem.

Thanks mate! Working like a dream now. Much appreciate the help :-)

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

daveodwyer daveodwyer Joined 15 Nov 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.