Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Requests Views Blade
Last updated 2 years ago.

One option would be to create a new URL generating function for your account URLs. You could put it in your routes file, or include it before your routes execute:

if (!function_exists('aurl'))
{
    /**
     * Generate an account url for the application.
     * @param  string  $path
     * @param  mixed   $parameters
     * @param  bool    $secure
     * @return string
     */
    function aurl($path = null, $parameters = array(), $secure = null)
    {
        // Here you would include logic to find the $account_id, or even use it from outside
        // the function's scope.
        // I'm using this as an example:
        $account_id = Auth::user()->account_id;

return app('url')->to($path, array_merge(array($account_id), $parameters), $secure);
    }
}

Then, inside of your views, you could just use the new aurl function when you want a to create an account URL without specifying the account ID every time.

There are probably better ways to accomplish this, but this would work if you needed something quickly.

I like that, but I wonder if there is a way to overwrite or extend the url helpers.

I'm not sure if there is a Laravel way to overwrite the URL helpers, since they are just defined in a helpers.php file and auto-loaded with Composer.

There are ways to override functions that do not belong to an object in PHP, but I really think that is overkill, requires an extension and much more of a hassle than it is worth.

However, the above function is identical to the url helper function. I suppose the return line could be written as:

return url($path, array_merge(array($account_id), $parameters), $secure);

But it is not much of a difference.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

otherjohn otherjohn Joined 19 May 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.