Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Installation Configuration
Last updated 2 years ago.

Run composer install. On a sidenote, you really shouldn't be using a WAMP stack. Look into Vagrant/Homestead

Thanks for the reply.

composer is installed. So, some other thing is causing the problem..

He means run the command "composer install" at the command line. This will pull in all dependencies and help to make sure the initial install works.

For Laravel 5, I just use the command "laravel new project_name" at the command line. Others prefer something like "composer require laravel\laravel". Then I'll edit composer.json to add any additional packages I want for development like phpdebugbar. When that is done, I run the command "composer update". After a minute or so, everything is good to go. Just have to edit .env to point to my database.

And this is on a WAMP stack. Anyway, the basic installation docs are fairly straight forward - http://laravel.com/docs/5.0/installation

yes, I got it. I meant that too. I also did the update.

this is the composer.json file content...

{ "name": "laravel/laravel", "description": "The Laravel Framework.", "keywords": ["framework", "laravel"], "license": "MIT", "type": "project", "require": { "laravel/framework": "5.0.", "illuminate/html": "5.0." }, "require-dev": { "phpunit/phpunit": "~4.0", "phpspec/phpspec": "~2.1" }, "autoload": { "classmap": [ "database" ], "psr-4": { "App\": "app/" } }, "autoload-dev": { "classmap": [ "tests/TestCase.php" ] }, "scripts": { "post-install-cmd": [ "php artisan clear-compiled", "php artisan optimize" ], "post-update-cmd": [ "php artisan clear-compiled", "php artisan optimize" ], "post-create-project-cmd": [ "php -r "copy('.env.example', '.env');"", "php artisan key:generate" ] }, "config": { "preferred-install": "dist" } }

I'm having the same problem as OP, but I am using LEMP, not WAMP.

Run composer install.

composer install is what is triggering this error message. composer install --no-scripts did not affect anything.

bootstrap\app.php

$app = new Illuminate\Foundation\Application(
    realpath(__DIR__.'/../')
);

The message is stating that this line is expecting Illuminate\Http\Request, but for me realpath only returns a string. It looks like a framework error, it doesn't seem possible for me to progress any further.

For Laravel 5, I just use the command "laravel new project_name" at the command line.

This is how I got this error, I was following the instructions at http://laravel.com/docs/5.0/installation

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

nafiul nafiul Joined 23 May 2015

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.