Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Authentication Security Input
Last updated 2 years ago.

Why don't you also build you api there and protect your routes with basic authentication?

emm I have no idea haw to do that :) and I dont have enough time to rebuild anything :)

Either I'm not quite getting what you are trying to do, or you are doing it wrong.

Are you going to distribute your android app with the user database included? Or why do you need to hash the passwords?

You should be running your web app on SSL/TLS protected server. And when you need to authenticate a user in your android app, send his user/pass to web app. Maybe setup a separate route for android app's authentication requests.

Could you maybe describe briefly what your website is, and what you android app does, and how it interacts with the website?

The actual answer to your question is, Laravel is using bcrypt algorithm. But you don't even need to know it, to check the hash. All you need is one line:

$isValidPass = password_verify($password, $hashedValueFromDatabase);

I think the way I used to set communication between my application and my website is bad. I used this way: the app uses an URL like this http://my_pc_ip/my_project/file.php?options=.... and then receive the answer from my website throw that file that I coded. Well it's too late to change it now but thank you for the help.

You realize that a regular site works better on mobile. On a site I did, I just used mobile detect software so if not mobile a div is centered, otherwise margin 10px left.
Some mobile sites I've seen won't even let you enlarge, thus hard to read.
Do a google on php mobile detect. I'll try to get link later. Plus go to various sites on mobile and see. Some will enlarge some won't.

I'm talking about creating an Android application for the website (with MIT app inventor 2) not a view for mobile :)

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

hamdeath hamdeath Joined 19 Apr 2015

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.