Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Authentication Requests
Last updated 2 years ago.

Also :(

Last updated 9 years ago.

If I'm understanding your question correctly, you're wanting to know where the validation is happening in auth? If that is the case, it's actually located under the namespace \Illuminate\Foundation\Auth\AuthenticatesAndRegistersUsers. The actual location being 'vendor/laravel/framework/src/illuminate/Foundation/Auth/AuthenticatesAndRegistersUsers.php'. Validation is happening under the postLogin Method.

Just so I'm making sure I'm covering my basis... you won't want to actually edit this file though when creating your custom validation.

Last updated 9 years ago.

Ah, perfect this is what I was looking for. I was looking in Illuminate\Auth instead of Foundation. So if I wanted to alter this, such as add an additional validation rule, where would I do this? Would I create my own postRegister method in my AuthController to overwrite?

Yeah that's actually what I did for one of my projects, I just copied over the postRegister method(and a few other methods) into the existing AuthController and adjusted it as necessary. You're basically just overriding the existing method, so as far as I know, it is perfectly acceptable.

Thanks!

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

kilrizzy kilrizzy Joined 7 Apr 2015

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.