Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 9 years ago
Authentication
Last updated 2 years ago.

do you use the (default) login procedure of the standard application or did you change something?

What i didn't understand quite well is that after logging out and then logging in again you get the auth/auth/login or when being logged in and you klick a second time on the login button (which shouldn't be visible though) you're getting the double auth path ?

If I click on the login and then click again, I get the double path. I am using the default Laravel 5 routes below:

Route::controllers([ 'auth' => 'Auth\AuthController', 'password' => 'Auth\PasswordController', ]);

with the default installation, if you are logged in there's no more logon button shown, just logout, so how do manage to log in twice?

But even if you would have the possibility to log in twice, you have to catch the second one because it doesn't make any sense to show a login button to a user who is already logged in, right?

I understand I need to hide the login after one logs in. I am just reporting that if I click on the login link, the login page is displayed. Buy if I click on the login link again without logginf in, I get the error.

Can anyone help me with this? Am I supposed to change the routes file? The default is: Route::controllers([ 'auth' => 'Auth\AuthController', 'password' => 'Auth\PasswordController', ]);

trying to get this to work <a href="auth/login">login</a>

Solution

I solved this using <a href="{{ url('auth/login') }}">login</a>

you could also add a leading slash "/auth/login" instead of "auth/login",

I thought I tried adding the leading slash and it still failed like this: <a href='/auth/login'>Login</a> I would have to retry this to verify. But the url keyword does work.

Thanks

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

frocco frocco Joined 3 Feb 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.